Monday, April 20, 2009

I placed 3rd in a pro Fishing Tournament!

A few weeks ago I was entered into a Pro Large Mouth Bass fishing Tournament (my first one). Last Friday was the Tournament at Jordan Lake, NC. I took 3rd place out of 300 people. I won some money, a really nice fishing rod and reel, and a ton of other fishing stuff. There is no other fishing like Bass Fishing. This weekend I'm going back out to the same lake to try my luck. It's only 45 Min. away. The bad thing was, everyone had to turn loose there catch after the weigh in of the fish. The two biggest bass I caught were 5 1/2 Lbs and 6 1/2 lBS. The biggest bass of the day was almost 9 pounds. I wish i got that one. I did let about a 7 lbs bass get away just as he got in the net. Oh well. I did get to see a Bald Eagle in his huge nest near the bank (really cool). Before the start, an Army Jump team did a water landing. Enjoy the Photos/video. Luke

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's awesome Luke! Good job! I'm glad to hear that things are going well in NC!